Highlights of the May 19, 2015 issue:
- Research: A Look at Horizontal Wells in the Permian’s Reeves County Since 2008
- Editorial: TX Gov. Abbott Signs Oil & Gas Pre-Emption Bill into Law
- Editorial: Nat Gas to Almost Equal Coal for Electric Power this Spring, EIA Says
- Drillers Answer Low Oil Prices with Cost-Saving Innovations
- Energy Investor IOG Capital has $330M Ready for Shale Drilling Projects
- Harold Hamm: ‘Predatory’ Saudi Moves will Backfire
- IPAA, API: Spotlight is on Oil Industry Like Never Before
- Oil has Lowest Share of U.S. Transportation Since Age of Steam
- Oil Glut Worsens as OPEC Market Share Battle Just Beginning: IEA
- Brazil, Russia Enter Ring in U.S.-OPEC Heavyweight Fight
- Goldman Cuts Crude Outlook and Oil Company Forecasts
- Saudi Oil Exports Reach Nine-Year High
- BLM Auctions Off 73 Parcels of Colorado Land for Oil and Gas Development
- Natural Gas Set to Play Major Role in Michigan’s Energy Mix
- NY Releases Final Environmental Review of Fracking
- North Dakota Oil Production Up by 12,500 Barrels per Day in March
- WPX Energy Would Add ND Rigs with $65 per Barrel of Oil
- Ohio Cracker Plant’s Backers Seeking 3rd Partner
- XTO Seeks to Expand Butler County Gas Processing Facility
- Wolf, Business Leaders, Clash over Proposed Natural Gas Tax
- Texas House OKs Bill to Limit City Petitions
- Feds Hand Key LNG Export License to Cheniere’s Corpus Christi Project
- Analysts: Drilling in the Eagle Ford Will Get a Lot Cheaper by Mid-2016
- Dominion Announces Alternate Routes for Proposed Pipeline
The Powell Shale Digest (formerly the Powell Barnett Shale Newsletter) of news and research provides current information on the technology and events in major U.S. shale and tight oil plays including, but not limited to, the Bakken/Three Forks, Barnett, Cana Woodford, Eagle Ford/Pearsall, Fayetteville, Haynesville/Bossier, Mancos, Marcellus, Monterey, Niobrara,Tuscaloosa Marine, Utica, and Permian Basin, as well as other issues that impact the oil and gas industry.
The Powell Shale Digest is available by paid subscription only. A user name and password are required to access the newsletter.
Individuals may obtain a one year subscription for $375/year for a minimum of 50 weekly issues by clicking here. If you are an employee of Dale Operating Company, Devon Energy Corporation, EOG Resources Inc., Norton Rose Fulbright, OGInfo.com LLC, Range Resources Corporation, Shale Play Advisors, LLC, or XTO Energy Inc. (ExxonMobil Corporation) you are already covered by your company's corporate subscription and do not need an Individual Subscription.
Companies may obtain a corporate subscription which covers all their fulltime employees and provides for the company to display their logo on our website linked to their company’s website, if they so choose. If your company is interested in a corporate subscription, please contact Gene Powell by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.