Highlights of the November 18, 2014 issue:
- Research: North Dakota Bakken Horizontal Wells to September 2014
- Editorial: Thanksgiving Break – Next Powell Shale Digest Issue December 2
- Editorial: The Price of West Texas Intermediate Oil
- Permitting: New TX Horizontal, Ohio, WV, & PA Shale Drilling Permits
- Feds Declare the Gunnison Sage Grouse ‘Threatened’
- Freeport LNG Obstacles Cleared in Two Regulatory Rulings
- CU-Boulder Study Finds Frac Fluid No More Toxic than Household Products
- Oil’s Comeback could Take Awhile, Experts Say
- Halliburton Agrees to Buy Baker Hughes in $34.6 Billion Deal
- Natural Gas Well Positioned for Coming Winter, ANGA Says
- Keystone Left Behind as Canadian Oil Pours into U.S.
- Falling Oil Prices Test OPEC Unity
- Early Tests don’t Find Tainted Water from Bakken Oil Boom
- NDIC Proposes Requiring Producers to Treat Crude before Shipping
- Texas Courts will Take Up Case of ‘Fracking’ vs. Drilling
- American Energy Affiliate Buys Stake in Oklahoma’s SCOOP, Stack Plays
- Eagle Ford Mineral Rights Trial Settled
- Frac Wars have ‘De-Escalated,’ Says COGA President Schuller
- Rice Energy Drills 100th Horizontal Well
- PA, WV Landowners Sign $100 Million Gas Lease with Tug Hill
- Utica Shale Helps Family Save Carroll County Farm, Transforms Rural Ohio
- Analysts Say Permian Basin Boom in Good Position to Withstand Turbulence
- Energy Transfer Partners Plans 533-Mile NGLs Pipeline in Texas
- Halcón to Pull Back from Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
The Powell Shale Digest (formerly the Powell Barnett Shale Newsletter) of news and research provides current information on the technology and events in major U.S. shale and tight oil plays including, but not limited to, the Bakken/Three Forks, Barnett, Cana Woodford, Eagle Ford/Pearsall, Fayetteville, Haynesville/Bossier, Mancos, Marcellus, Monterey, Niobrara,Tuscaloosa Marine, Utica, and Permian Basin, as well as other issues that impact the oil and gas industry.
The Powell Shale Digest is available by paid subscription only. A user name and password are required to access the newsletter.
Individuals may obtain a one year subscription for $375/year for a minimum of 50 weekly issues by clicking here. If you are an employee of American Energy Partners LP, Dale Resources LLC, Devon Energy Corporation, EOG Resources Inc., Encana Corporation, Norton Rose Fulbright, Pioneer Natural Resources Company, Range Resources Corporation, Shale Play Advisors, LLC, or XTO Energy Inc. (ExxonMobil Corporation) you are already covered by your company's corporate subscription and do not need an Individual Subscription.
Companies may obtain a corporate subscription which covers all their fulltime employees and provides for the company to display their logo on our website linked to their company’s website, if they so choose. If your company is interested in a corporate subscription, please contact Gene Powell by email at email@example.com.