Highlights of the December 1, 2015 issue:
- Research: SMU Seismology Team Reveals Findings on North Texas Earthquakes
- Editorial: TX RRC CHairman Warns Against Frivolous Oil & Gas Lawsuits
- Drill Bits: A Year After OPEC’s Decision Ushered in Downturn, Cartel Set to Meet Again
- Guest: Refiners Profit from Oversupply of Crude Oil
- Houston-Based Energy Law Firm to Close by Year-End
- Air Liquide CEO: Oil Slump Spurs New Fracking Trend
- Chesapeake’s Boss Faces Tall Order
- Parched United Arab Emirates Relies on Sea as Groundwater Runs Out
- Lithuania Leads Way in Reducing Russia’s Clout in Energy
- HSBC Analyst: China Holds the Key to an Oil Rebound
- OPEC is Ready to Rumble Over Saudi Output
- Iran Offering Flexible Contracts to Woo Billions in Foreign Investment
- Colorado Oil, Gas Rule-Making Hearings Hang Up on Giving All a Voice
- Despite National Slowdown, Weld County Wells Booming
- Williston Sets Deadline for Elimination of Oil Crew Camps
- Pipeline Plans Continue in North Dakota Despite Oil Slowdown
- Ohio: Study Claims Pipelines Will Benefit Agriculture Economically
- More Than 635 Oklahoma Disposal Wells Directed to Reduce Depths, Volumes
- Pennsylvania’s Marcellus Shale Drives Boost in Nation’s Proven Gas Reserves
- PA Game Commission Reaps Revenue from Shale Gas Under Game Lands
- Flint Hills Resources Seeks to Export LNG Overseas from Eagle Ford Plant
- Oil and Gas Taxes Fill Texas School District Coffers in 2014
- WA: Analysis Forecasts Derailment Every Other Year If Oil Train Terminal is Built
- WV: Gastar Selling Property in Marshall, Wetzel Counties
The Powell Shale Digest® (formerly the Powell Barnett Shale Newsletter) of news and research provides current information on the technology and events in major U.S. shale and tight oil plays including, but not limited to, the Bakken/Three Forks, Barnett, Cana Woodford, Eagle Ford/Pearsall, Fayetteville, Haynesville/Bossier, Mancos, Marcellus, Monterey, Niobrara,Tuscaloosa Marine, Utica, and Permian Basin, as well as other issues that impact the oil and gas industry.
The weekly Powell Shale Digest is available by paid subscription only. A user name and password are required to access the newsletter.
Individuals may obtain a one year subscription for $375/year for a minimum of 50 weekly issues by clicking here. If you are an employee of Dale Operating Company, Devon Energy Corporation, Norton Rose Fulbright, OGInfo.com LLC, Range Resources Corporation, Shale Play Advisors, LLC, or XTO Energy Inc. (ExxonMobil Corporation) you are already covered by your company's corporate subscription and do not need an Individual Subscription.
Companies may obtain a corporate subscription which covers all their fulltime employees and provides for the company to display their logo on our website linked to their company’s website, if they so choose. If your company is interested in a corporate subscription, please contact Gene Powell by email at email@example.com.