Highlights of the April 14, 2015 issue:
- Research: Minutes of Texas House Committee Hearing on HB 1552
- Editorial: Differing Views on TX HB 1552 on Wells that Traverse Multiple Tracts
- Editorial: Activists Petition for Denver Frac Moratorium with Non-U.S. Signatures
- Editorial: Utica Permitting Slows Considerably in Ohio
- Frac Sand Industry Feels the Effects of Low Oil Prices, Less Drilling
- U.S. Leads World in Oil and Gas Production
- EnCap Raises $6.5 Billion to Pour into North American Oil Firms
- Nation’s Rig Count Drops Below 1,000
- ConocoPhillips to Launch U.S. Asset Sales, Sources Say
- Shell-BG Deal to Create LNG Giant
- Big Oil Deposit Near London Airport, but will be Hard to Tap
- Saudi Arabia’s Plan to Extend the Age of Oil
- Md. Lawmakers OK Fracking Ban until Late 2017
- Bakken Pipeline Meets Stiff Opposition in Minnesota
- Bloomberg Criticizes New York Fracking Ban
- North Dakota Lifts Production Restrictions on 4 Oil Companies
- Gas-fired Power Plants Sprouting in Ohio to Replace Old Coal-burners
- Group Increases Estimates on Amount of Recoverable Appalachian Shale Gas
- More Oil Moves by Rail, and it Moves to Philadelphia
- IHS: 1,400 Drilled-But-Not-Completed Wells in Eagle Ford Shale
- TX: Arlington Gas Well Plugged after ‘Very Serious’ Mishap, Officials Say
- TX: Buda Formation Drillers: ‘Mother Nature Already Fracked it for Us’
- Trans Energy to Sell One-third of its Marcellus Shale Acreage
- WV: Test Well in Putnam County Leads to Gas Speculation
The Powell Shale Digest (formerly the Powell Barnett Shale Newsletter) of news and research provides current information on the technology and events in major U.S. shale and tight oil plays including, but not limited to, the Bakken/Three Forks, Barnett, Cana Woodford, Eagle Ford/Pearsall, Fayetteville, Haynesville/Bossier, Mancos, Marcellus, Monterey, Niobrara,Tuscaloosa Marine, Utica, and Permian Basin, as well as other issues that impact the oil and gas industry.
The Powell Shale Digest is available by paid subscription only. A user name and password are required to access the newsletter.
Individuals may obtain a one year subscription for $375/year for a minimum of 50 weekly issues by clicking here. If you are an employee of American Energy Partners LP, Dale Operating Company, Devon Energy Corporation, EOG Resources Inc., Norton Rose Fulbright, OGInfo.com LLC, Range Resources Corporation, Shale Play Advisors, LLC, or XTO Energy Inc. (ExxonMobil Corporation) you are already covered by your company's corporate subscription and do not need an Individual Subscription.
Companies may obtain a corporate subscription which covers all their fulltime employees and provides for the company to display their logo on our website linked to their company’s website, if they so choose. If your company is interested in a corporate subscription, please contact Gene Powell by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.