Highlights of the October 6, 2015 issue:
- Research: In-Depth Look at Texas Oil & Gas Operations Violations & Enforcement
- Editorial: Shepstone: It’s the Water Wells, Not the Gas Wells
- Drill Bits: Hey Headline Writers: There’s No Such Thing as a ‘Fracking Tax’
- Federal Court Blocks Obama Administration Fracking Rule
- America’s Oil Output Refuses to Collapse. Here’s One Reason Why.
- Senate Panel Advances Oil Exports Bill in Mostly Party-Line Vote
- Silicon Valley’s Hot New Investment: Oil and Gas
- Oil Bust Saps U.S. Students’ Enthusiasm for Petroleum Degrees
- Mexico Awards Three Areas in Oil Auction
- As Oil Wealth Dwindles, Saudi Arabia Faces Change
- Russia and Saudi Arabia to Continue Pumping Oil
- China’s Slowing Demand Burns Gas Giants
- Hawaii Gas Projects LNG to Save the Islands More than $2B Over Other Fuels
- LA: Company Announces Plans for Major LNG Facility in Cameron
- MN: Commission Puts Sandpiper Project on Hold After Court Decision
- NJ: Environmental Groups Seek to Defeat PennEast Pipeline
- NC: Law Bars Local Fracking Regulations
- NTSB Says Bakken Crude No More Volatile than Other Crude
- Ohio Report on Severance Tax Misses Deadline, Work Continues
- OR: Jordan Cove LNG Port and Pipeline Get Final Environmental OK
- PA: Two Court Cases Could Upend Centuries-Old Real Estate Laws
- Fracking Saves Texas Water, a New Pro-Industry Report Claims
- VA: Lawsuits Challenging Surveys for Natural Gas Pipeline Tossed
- MarkWest Official Says Storage Needed for Ethane Cracker
The Powell Shale Digest® (formerly the Powell Barnett Shale Newsletter) of news and research provides current information on the technology and events in major U.S. shale and tight oil plays including, but not limited to, the Bakken/Three Forks, Barnett, Cana Woodford, Eagle Ford/Pearsall, Fayetteville, Haynesville/Bossier, Mancos, Marcellus, Monterey, Niobrara,Tuscaloosa Marine, Utica, and Permian Basin, as well as other issues that impact the oil and gas industry.
The Powell Shale Digest is available by paid subscription only. A user name and password are required to access the newsletter.
Individuals may obtain a one year subscription for $375/year for a minimum of 50 weekly issues by clicking here. If you are an employee of Dale Operating Company, Devon Energy Corporation, EOG Resources Inc., Norton Rose Fulbright, OGInfo.com LLC, Range Resources Corporation, Shale Play Advisors, LLC, or XTO Energy Inc. (ExxonMobil Corporation) you are already covered by your company's corporate subscription and do not need an Individual Subscription.
Companies may obtain a corporate subscription which covers all their fulltime employees and provides for the company to display their logo on our website linked to their company’s website, if they so choose. If your company is interested in a corporate subscription, please contact Gene Powell by email at email@example.com.